Career Services at Medix
Employment counselling and job search training is provided for all students during their program by scheduled classroom lectures and ongoing individualized counselling. The college remains a permanent source of employment search assistance for all graduates. The placement department prepares each student to:
- Create cover letter, resume and other effective portfolio material.
- Conduct an employment interview including proper follow-up activities.
- Analyze employment opportunities and market trends.
- Utilize resources for locating prospective employers.
- Analyze employment benefits and career advancement opportunities.
Medix maintains a list of current and past graduates indicating their initial place of employment, along with completion and placement percentages. A list of past and current employers is available to all prospective students.
Medix Graduates Have Been Hired In:
- Research Facilities
- Physicians’ Offices
- Walk-in Clinics
- Dental Offices
- Private Laboratories
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Schools and daycare’s
- Rehabilitation & Multidisciplinary Clinics
- Community Centers
- Just to name a few……..
Medix Employment Partners
- Toronto General Hospital
- Life Labs
- Massage Addict
- University of Toronto Department of Dentistry
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Community Living
- MCI The Doctor’s Office
- North York Seniors Centre
- Canadian Blood Services
- Rexall Drug Store
- Hand & Stone
- Trillium Health Partners
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
As well as many other hospitals, health care organizations and providers across the province of Ontario.
Calling all Employers!
Are you are looking for a solution to help you meet the demands of your organization’s staffing needs?
We have the solution Hire or Host a Medix co-op Student or Graduate!
Externship at Medix Students must complete an externship int he field as a part of their curriculum. The following is a list of externship hours by program:
- Pharmacy Assistant Program – 240 hrs
- Community Service Worker Program – 400 hrs
- Dental Administrator – 150 hours
- Early Childcare Assistant – 490 hours
- Fitness and Health – 75 hours
- Intra-Oral Dental Assisting Program – 150 hrs
- Medical Office Program – 240 hrs
- Medical Lab Program – 300 hrs
- Personal Support Worker Student- 110 clinical hrs / 155 community hrs